Review: The Final Day a John Matherson Novel by William Fortschen


The Final Day: A John Matherson Novel by William Fortschen. This 340-page book is a fast-paced, action-packed conclusion to the three book series by William Fortschen. Professor Forstchen holds a Ph.D. from Purdue and is a Faculty Fellow and Professor of History at Montreat College. His background informs his books. He is the author of fifty books including the New York Times bestselling series One Second After. This book is probably my favorite of his three books. It has less vulgarity than the other two, the plot is interesting, and I enjoyed the ending.

I won't spoil the ending. One chapter, chapter 11, got me so excited reading it my heart was racing. I could not put it down. It was a fight scene that came to life as I sat waiting in a racquetball club. I was transported to a home in the middle of the night that was under attack.

One odd thing he did not answer for me was what appeared to be code language in his BBC announcements, i.e. "The chair is against the door."

Fiction is great, but I need to read some nonfiction to counterbalance. So I am planning to read something that is a bit more academic next: How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer Adler  

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts