Review: Anne of Green Gables a Surprisingly Enjoyable Book


Anne of Green Gables I just finished Anne of Green Gables by L. M. Montgomery. Admittedly, it was a slow start. However, it grew on me. The rich imagination, the dramatic heart, and the romantic undertones were lovely. This is a wonderful children's novel. I hope to read the next in the series. I picked it up after seeing Tim Challies post on why Anne of Green Gables was one of his favorite novels. I encourage you to read it. 

FAVORITE QUOTES

"...When you are imagining you might as well imagine something worthwhile." - p. 13 (Anne)
"In geometry, Anne met her Waterloo."
"The world looks like something God has imagined for His own pleasure, doesn't it?" (Anne)
"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world" p.125
"I don't want to cheer up. It's nicer to be miserable!" p. 218
"We resent the thought that anything can please us when someone we love is no longer here to share the pleasure with us, and we almost feel as if we were unfaithful to our sorrow when we find our interest in life returning to us." p. 231
"The joys of sincere work and worthy aspirations and congenial friendship were to be hers; nothing could rob her fo her birthright of fancy or her ideal world of dreams. And there was always the bend in the road!" p. 240

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world

Comments

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts